Radiation Therapist PRN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Radiation Therapist PRN to join our team.
- Operates therapeutic/diagnostic equipment safely and properly;
- Follows all proper procedures for quality controls on all therapeutic/diagnostic equipment;
- Educates patient prior to treatment about the technical aspects of radiation oncology;
- Able to operate ARIA record and verify system and multi-leaf collimation system;
- Prepare or utilize special treatment devices and/or beam modifiers. Supports clerical, secretarial and assistant functions as needed;
- Able to perform simulation on all body parts with minimal supervision;
- Performs appropriate QA warm up procedures on Linear Accelerator and the Simulator;
- Verifies daily treatment prescription, monitor units, field blocking, and all treatment parameters prior to the delivery of said treatment;
- Maintain constant visual and intercom contact with patient during treatment to assure patient remains in proper position;
- Place and immobilize patient to ensure accurate treatment;
- Check treatment records daily and weekly for mathematical and documentation errors and make the appropriate corrections;
- Observe patient for unusual reaction and report any abnormal conditions to the radiation oncologist;
- Knows and practices radiation safety;
- Follows departmental protocol for communicating with patients, families, and coworkers. Serves as a mentor/educator for students.
- Experience using Varain 21 EX or Linear;
- ARRT and Maryland Radiation Therapist certifications;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.