The Radiology Tech produces diagnostic radiological examinations to aid in the diagnosis of disease. Arranges patients for radiological examinations. Being a Radiology Tech performs portable X-ray examinations. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation. In addition, Radiology Tech develops exposed X-ray film. Performs administrative duties, such as scheduling appointments, patient instructions, film-filing, and maintenance of records. Requires registration as a technologist by the ARRT. Requires an associate’s degree. Typically reports to a chief technologist or manager. Requires registration as a technologist by the A.R.R.T. Radiology Tech’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Radiology Tech Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Radiology Tech to join our team.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- One year experience as a diagnostic staff technologist in a hospital setting or student with clinical training at SBMC;
- Graduate of school of Radiologic Technology;
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- American Registry of Radiologic technology license (A.R.R.T) preferred;
- California Radiology Technology license (C.R.T),
- California Radiologic Technology fluoroscopy permit within 12 months of employment in the position, •