Registered Nurse, Acute Care Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registered Nurse, Acute Care to join our team.
- Complies with protocols, procedures and safety policies in place at local facilities;
- Ability to move patients, take blood samples, clean and bandage wounds, administer medications, and maintain proper supplies of medical equipment;
- Understands and implements triage methods based on medical need;
- Emotional stability, communication, leadership, sympathy and attention to detail are preferred traits of nurses occupying this position;
- Specializes in assessing, intervening, and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action and a degree of calm professionalism.
- Performs age appropriate assessments;
- Performs other related work as required or requested;
- Builds teamwork when supervising and delegating to others;
- Appropriately supervises performance of LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel;
- Analyzes data to identify nursing problems;
- Delegates patient care tasks to LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel based on job description and patient needs;
- Identifies & resolves safety risks;
- Participates in continuous quality improvement, periodic review of policies, procedures and pre-printed physicians orders;
- Ensures appropriate implementation of physician’s orders;
- Attends all hospital/nurse manager specified mandatory in-services;
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association;
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification;
- Assures that department is survey-ready at all times;
- Specialty is preferred, e.g. acute care;
- Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associates, or Bachelors Nursing program.