Registered Nurse – Cardiac Cath Lab Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registered Nurse – Cardiac Cath Lab to join our team.
- Demonstrate competence in the administration of blood products IAW MTF guidelines;
- Educate and train new Cardiovascular Laboratory Nurses and Staff;
- Participate in Discharge Planning as appropriate;
- Maintains open communication lines, both intra-departmentally and interdepartmentally, to provide for total needs of the patient;
- Coordinates patient care though a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness;
- Carry out prescribed physician orders and document in patient medical record;
- Provides proper care and evaluation of post procedural patients;
- Assesses patients using the nursing process as a basis for professional practice;
- Utilize appropriate nursing personnel to assist in delivery of care when indicated (e.g., paraprofessionals);
- Circulates for Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory procedures;
- Instruct patient/family regarding prescribed medications/therapies and invasive/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished;
- Obtain patient history, pertinent family history, and document in patient’s medical record;
- Ability to react with alertness and skill in any emergency situation, (e.g., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, and shock);
- Assess patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding;
- Assist in maintaining cardiac catheterization laboratory programs such as safety, infection control, supply, radiation safety, etc.
- BSN Required;
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification required upon hire; BLS certification must be valid for 90 days post start date;
- Minimum of one year Hospital Registered Nurse experience required, pediatric cardiac catheterization preferred,
- PALS certification required upon hire date.