Respiratory Therapist – PRN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Respiratory Therapist – PRN to join our team.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic interventions per RC Policy/Procedure Manual;
- Demonstrates competence and willingness to accept assignments in all areas of the department as requested;
- Assists with training, orientation and instruction of new employees and Respiratory Care students; providing a positive learning environment;
- Assists with equipment care and maintenance, cleaning and disinfection/sterilization, reassembly and functional checks;
- Assures accuracy of patient charges by correct documentation, use of Supply Scan, Pyxis and departmental supplies;
- Accurately transcribes physician orders in the patient record.
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 200 pounds;
- Must possess dexterity of arms, hands, and fingers bilaterally;
- Must be able to transport and/or lift an object intermittently throughout the work day up to a maximum of 20 pounds;
- Must be able to walk, stand, and work for extended periods of time without relief;
- Must be able to work with hands for up to 12 hours a day;
- ACLS Certified;
- Previous and recent critical care experience preferre;
- Current and valid state licensure as a Respiratory Therapist required;
- Registry status by the National Board for Respiratory Care preferred.