Respiratory Therapists Respiratory therapists care for patients who have trouble breathing—for example, from a chronic respiratory disease, such as asthma or emphysema.
Respiratory Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join our team.
- Understand and adheres to all of SuperCare Health company policies;
- Assesses the need of the patient and the best choice of respiratory therapy or services needed;
- Responsible for setting up respiratory equipment within the appointment/ETA given to ensure patient satisfaction;
- Provides 24-hour on call service, seven days a week as scheduled;
- Maintain a professional, safe, and clean work environment;
- Follows up visit for respiratory patients and assists in continuity of care as needed and determined by policy and procedure;
- Interviews, examines and assesses patients with breathing or cardiopulmonary disorders;
- Verifies all physician orders prior to therapy;
- Administers all therapy modalities to adult/pediatric/newborn patients per physician’s orders;
- Performs arterial puncture, and blood gas and electrolyte analysis;
- Ensures that respiratory equipment (CPAP, BiPAP, Trilogy, etc.) is set up and functioning properly;
- Educates patients and caregivers on use of equipment and performing of treatments;
- Develops patient treatment plans in accordance with physician orders;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required;
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Ability to utilize electronic medical record and Microsoft Office programs;
- MO license;
- 2 yrs Of Recent Experience;
- Current NJ Respiratory Care Practitioner license required;
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed;
- Current BLS;
- Level I trauma experience;
- ACLS certified required.(Upon hire);
- Knowledge of new trends and techniques for respiratory care;
- Currently licensed in North Carolina;
- IL License;
- Current New Hampshire License/Registration.(upon hire);
- CurrentTN RRT Licensure – ABG Endorsed;
- VA license.