RN / Cardiac Cath Lab Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a RN / Cardiac Cath Lab to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy;
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor;
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation;
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices;
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary;
- Initiates age and culturally appropriate measures to meet patient needs and achieve expected outcomes;
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote comfort;
- Provides care according to the plan, and in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and relevant nursing practice guidelines;
- Collaborates, consults, or makes referrals if unable to perform safely and independently;
- Initiates patient/family teaching as appropriate to age, readiness to learn and available resources;
- Coordinates nursing care with the care of all other health team members.
- Maine RN license;
- Experience with: Cardiology, ICU, EP;
- 2 years of experience in Cardiac Cath;
- Valid CA RN licensed, ACLS, BLS and basic dysrhythmia certificate required;
- One year RN experience in an acute setting;
- Prior RN experience in Cardiac Catheterization preferred.