RN L&D Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a RN L&D to join our team.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs;
- Instructs and educates patients and families;
- Carries out physician orders;
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement;
- Orients and mentors new staff members;
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care;
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills;
- Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills;
- Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices;
- Must demonstrate the technical and professional knowledge of an RN;
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions;
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Must have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.