Speech Language Pathologist – PRN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist – PRN to join our team.
- The speech language pathologist evaluates and treats patients/residents;
- Communicates with families, physicians and other health team members;
- Maintains documentation of services in the medical record;
- Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis in restorative techniques;
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company procedures and following manufacturers instructions.
- Two years ( preferred) of clinical experience in the field of physical disabilities working as a Therapist;
- Current Registration /Licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist necessary to work in Long Term Care;
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Masters’ degree in Speech Therapy. Also referred to as: SLP, ST, CCC-SLP, CF-SLP;
- Interest in sub-acute, geriatric rehabilitation and general rehabilitation;
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Card;
- Certified by ASHA for Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology;
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing;
- Must be able to transfer patients;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information;
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers;
- Graduate from Speech-Language Pathology program;
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors;
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers;
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills;
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.