Physician Assistant – Surgical under the direction of physician, performs first assistant surgical duties, including tissue retraction and suturing. Completes pre-op tasks including physical examinations and recording health history. Being a Physician Assistant – Surgical orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests. Participates in daily patient rounds, writes progress notes, conducts patient education, writes prescriptions, and prepares discharge summaries Requires completion of the PANCE exam administered by National Commission of the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Additionally, Physician Assistant – Surgical requires a master’s degree of Health Sciences for Physician Assistants or related. Typically reports to a physician. Requires Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C). Requires State license to practice. Physician Assistant – Surgical’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Surgical Physician Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Surgical Physician Assistant to join our team.
- Constantly seeing, hearing, and speaking;
- Strong organization and documentation skills;
- Frequent pre-op and post-op patient positioning;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Provide health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of physician including assessing and educating patients;
- Frequent lifting to 20+ lbs. in addition to bending, reaching, standing, walking, and kneeling;
- Willingness to expand current surgical expertise and learn how to assist on different specialties;
- Ability to lift, sit, stand, or squat;
- The Physician Assistant will perform a variety of duties in the evaluation, treatment of surgical patients in the operating room;
- Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park, PA;
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate surgeon’s preferences, specialty supplies, instrumentation and equipment;
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, PA;
- Springfield Hospital in Springfield, PA.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate surgeon’s preferences, specialty supplies, instrumentation and equipment;
- Should be a trained individual able to participate in and actively assist surgeon in completing the operation safely and expeditiously.