The Urologist consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment. Examines and diagnoses disorders and diseases of the genitourinary tract and organs. Being an Urologist requires a degree in medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice. Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition. In addition, Urologist may require at least 2-4 years of urology experience. May report to a medical director. Urologist’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Urologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Urologist to join our team.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- This is a 350+ bed regional referral hospital that is a level II trauma center;
- Candidates must be BC/BE in Urology;
- Robotics surgery training or experience is highly desirable;
- Urology experience required;
- This position will include some inpatient work as well;
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs;
- This is a full-time position;
- This practice consists of 4 Urologists, a PA and an NP, and provides coverage to a Regional Medical Center and the surrounding County;
- BLS and ACLS certified;
- Board certified;
- Candidates must be board certified/eligible in Urology;
- 2+ years of Experience.