The Valet Parking Attendant greets guests and ensures timely service. Responsible for parking and retrieving guests’ cars. Being a Valet Parking Attendant may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Requires a valid driver’s license. In addition, Valet Parking Attendant typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Valet Parking Attendant may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Valet Parking Attendant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Valet Parking Attendant to join our team.
- High demand for assistance with retrieving vehicles, lifting and delivering packages, luggage, groceries, etc;
- Outdoor weather conditions to include direct and indirect sunlight, heat, cold, rain, hail and strong winds;
- Loud noise level working environment to include but is not limited to; traffic, construction, bells, whistles, music, shouting, horns, sirens, etc;
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (generally 75% of the time or more) is required;
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions is required;
- Perform all other duties as requested;
- The ability to operate a variety of different vehicles in a safe and capable manner;
- Works closely with other valet attendants to ensure all guests are welcomed and greeted;
- Parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner in and from designated parking areas;
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Provides accurate and timely information to management regarding any damage to guests’ or company vehicles;
- Welcomes and greets all guests in a friendly, upbeat, and positive manner, using the guests’ name when possible;
- Provides accurately filled out claim checks when receiving keys and explains to the guest how to re-claim their vehicle;
- Opens vehicle doors, assists guests egressing their vehicles, and helps guests with luggage;
- Arranges for prompt parking and retrieving of vehicles of arriving and departing guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required;
- Valid California Driver’s License is required to be in the possession of and maintained by the individual at all times;
- Verification to legally work in the United States is required;
- Consistent attendance is required;
- High school degree or GED is preferred;
- Ability to; speak, read, write and understand English is required;
- Accident and Violation free driving record for the past 5 years is required.