Automotive Body Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automotive Body Technician to join our team.
- Straighten bent automobile frames. * File, grind and sand repaired surfaces;
- Fill depressions with body filler. * Remove damaged fenders, panels;
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts;
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs;
- Refinish repaired surface. * Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system;
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders;
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Complete disassembly of vehicle in order to assist the Estimator with preparing a 100% Repair Plan;
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair;
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time;
- +2 year’s of journeyman experience;
- Must have own tools;
- Auto Collision Repair Experience;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Team player;
- Valid driver’s license. Ability to interpret vendor catalogs;
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.