Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics Automotive service technicians and mechanics inspect, maintain, and repair cars and light trucks.
Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic to join our team.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs;
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems;
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications;
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment;
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Fast, eager learner and team player;
- Willing to submit to a drug screen & background check;
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new problems;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- ASE Certification OR Technical degree (preferred, not required);
- Strong customer service skills;
- GM experice perfered.