Body Shop Tech Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Body Shop Tech to join our team.
- Diagnose the cause of malfunction and performs the needed repair;
- Advises Body Shop Manager if additional work is needed;
- Document all work performed as soon as the job is completed;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Attends factory sponsored training classes and keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins;
- Use basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals;
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts;
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous waste;
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate with team members;
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of quality repairs;
- Must have previous professional experience in the auto body industry;
- ICAR and ASE training preferred;
- 2+ years auto body repair experience preferred;
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, processes and safety requirements.