CNC Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Maintenance Technician to join our team.
- Knowledge of OEM machine controllers (FANUC, Siemens and NIT);
- Perform mechanical repairs (and rebuild) on all machines;
- Pull and replace machine linear guides and ball screws;
- Support with scheduling PM, reading report, diagrams and drawings;
- Working knowledge of tool Probing function for CNC Mill Machines;
- Able to work with complex NC machine up to & including 5 Axis;
- Perform machine leveling and alignment on all machines;
- Identify and replace parts as necessary;
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls;
- Use machine tool manuals, technical documents, and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues;
- General facilities maintenance;
- Coordinate with external suppliers and maintenance companies to ensure timely and accurate completion of work;
- Work based on a sense of urgency with machine down conditions;
- In conjunction with production team, will support continuous improvement of development of PM instructions and schedules to prevent failures;
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electronics, and software, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Minimum of three year’s experience in performing maintenance of CNC machines;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus 10+ years of CNC maintenance experience.