Commercial HVAC technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Commercial HVAC technician to join our team.
- Must be able to perform preventive and predictive maintenance on all required systems based upon a prescribed schedule.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation;
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and apply basic math;
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check;
- Must maintain a valid state driver s license;
- Must have a minimum of five 5 years of experience working on commercial heating/air conditioning/refrigeration systems and controls;
- Must hold an EPA Section 608 approved certificate of training Universal to handle refrigerants;
- Must have adequate computer and communication skills, as verified by writing samples, documentation of correspondence, and references;
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy;
- Must understand local electrical and HVAC codes and have a strong general mechanical aptitude;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb/work from ladders, and walk up/down stairs with tools/parts.