Diesel Technician/Mechanic – Entry Level Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Diesel Technician/Mechanic – Entry Level to join our team.
- Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske’s technician training and hands-on coaching;
- Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor;
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers;
- Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred);
- The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Valid driver’s license required and must also have or be able to get a CDL license;
- High school diploma (required); vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred);
- The ability to work well as part of a team and outside.