The Diesel Technician I troubleshoots and diagnosis problems. Performs inspection, maintenance, repairs, and overhauls of diesel engines. Being a Diesel Technician I replaces and/or refurbishes parts. Utilizes computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes. In addition, Diesel Technician I maintains maintenance logs according to requirements. Ensures services provided follow all quality standards and safety procedures. May perform DOT annual inspections on vehicles. Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically requires a Class A CDL license. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Diesel Technician I works under moderate supervision. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Working as a Diesel Technician I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Diesel Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Diesel Technician to join our team.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events;
- Diagnoses cause of malfunctions and performs repair;
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair;
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts;
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management;
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures;
- Utilize all manner of hand and power tools, including pneumatic and hydraulic tools;
- Performs other duties as required;
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to resolve malfunction and plan work procedures;
- Repair and rebuild engines;
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicles and estimate repairs;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction;
- Perform test drive when repairs are completed;
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk;
- Properly complete the service and/or repairs assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening;
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience;
- Company is looking for diesel technicians of all skill land experience levels;
- Experience with Freightliner/Western Star, Volvo/Mack, Kenworth/Peterbilt International or Mitsubishi, is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge and ability to consistently repair components and equipment in line with dealers and manufacturers standards;
- Perform DOT inspections;
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality;
- Must provide own hand tools;
- Drive and responsibility to work independently;
- Clean Motor Vehicle Driving Record;
- None required;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.