The Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician work is done in shop or customers location. Removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analyses of all equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, and electronic and computer applications. Being a Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician requires a high school diploma. Home base is away from shop. In addition, Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Working as a Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician typically requires 3-5 years of related experience, or may need 2 years experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Field Service Technician – Heavy Equipment Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Field Service Technician – Heavy Equipment to join our team.
- Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with established methods;
- Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs;
- All inspections are completed with the cause of failure identified;
- Maintain and Care for Shop Tools, Equipment and Vehicles;
- Any inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelines;
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned;
- Communicate with Others Professionally;
- Ensure that all repairs are completed as assigned;
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per guidelines Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition;
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair;
- Perform Diagnostic Inspections as Directed;
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner;
- All field work requires repair determination, by the technician, once at the machine;
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required.
- Ability to be productive by working efficiently and effectively with a high energy level;
- CDL – Class B required or must be obtained within 90 days of employment;
- Must be able to work required hours;
- Must have own tools;
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance;
- Strong mechanical skills;
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions;
- Must have a pleasing personality with a sales aptitude;
- Good, safe work habits;
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial driver’s license (CDL);
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong Diagnostic Skills;
- Travel domestically up to 15% of the time;
- A technical school certificate or equivalent work experience in mechanical repairs.