Handypersons carry out minor repairs and small jobs in people’ homes and businesses.
Handyman Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Handyman to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Appropriate use of agency vehicles in the course of performing related job duties and as directed by management;
- Moving/transporting office furniture, equipment and supplies in /around building(s) and grounds in the course of executing their duties;
- Managing trash removal and recycling as per building requirements NYC DOS regulations;
- Responsible for basic building repairs such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical and HVAC and to other building related systems;
- Provide coverage to alternate agency units/buildings as required;
- Exterior/ Interior painting and caulking, light drywall repair;
- Change bulbs, locks/keys;
- Help maintain cleanliness of the facility and grounds;
- Must be able to install appliances and furniture;
- Ability to physically manage painting, pressure washing, blower breezeways and parking lots;
- Clean/restore recently vacated apartment homes.
- Drywall Repair / Patching / Caulking;
- Handyman, General Home Repairs and Maintenance Work;
- General Carpentry – Rough and Finish;
- Flooring Repair and Installation;
- Kitchen Refresh / Remodel;
- Bathroom Upgrades / Remodel;
- A current, valid clean Driver’s license is required , and must be maintained throughout the course of employment;
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and well-rounded hands on mechanical skills;
- General Carpentry;
- Ability to predominantly work on their feet during working hours/throughout the course of the day;
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments, in all weather conditions;
- Have a strong work ethic with reliability and dependability;
- Maintain a friendly and customer service oriented approach to co-workers and customers;
- Have dependable transportation to and from work;
- Have basic hand tools.