Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic to join our team.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Service Supervisor and or management of the company;
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk;
- Read job order, observe and listen to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures;
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management;
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and adjust as needed;
- Produce quality work that evidences pride of workmanship;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction;
- Ensure that customer equipment are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced;
- Show the utmost courtesy to all customers, visitors and dealership personnel;
- Maintain your assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner;
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures;
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined;
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins;
- Participate in, and utilize to the best of one’s abilities, technical training as assigned by management;
- Test-drive equipment to ensure that they run smoothly.
- Heavy equipment and or agricultural experience is a plus;
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer and service team;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Must be self-motivated and conduct oneself in a professional manner;
- Must have experience with high pressure common rail fuel systems, exhaust after-treatment, electrical troubleshooting, and hydraulics;
- Must have own inventory of hand tools to facilitate the assigned repairs.