The HVAC Installation Technician I installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Being a HVAC Installation Technician I may be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Maintains and secures a spare parts inventory, recommends purchasing of maintenance equipment and supplies as required to improve processes and efficiencies. In addition, HVAC Installation Technician I requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a HVAC Installation Technician I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a HVAC Installation Technician I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification.
HVAC Installation Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HVAC Installation Technician to join our team.
- Installing gas fired furnaces,Hydro air handlers and RTU’s;
- Installing warm air piping and flexible air ducts;
- Massachusetts/Rhode Island Sheet-metal Journeyman licence required or at least 5 years experience;
- Prior experience in Garage exhaust systems and Stairway Pressurization a plus;
- Must have reliable transportation to job sites;
- Hanging and installing fans, dampers and louvers;
- Measuring and installing sheet metal and fiberglass duct board;
- Ability to read and install per plan details;
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to remove and install ducts, water heaters, furnaces, condensers and compressors;
- Drive Top Performance by installing residential heating and air conditioning systems;
- Maintain client relationships by Giving Remarkable Service with strong communication and customer service skills;
- Be Kind and Encouraging by working as a team on all job sites;
- Complete all tasks in accordance with Service Champions quality and safety standards and Honor Our Commitments;
- Document service performed and recommendations made by completing applicable forms, reports, logs and/or records;
- Analyze and perform on work orders; gather components, parts, and tools needed to complete the installation.
- Results driven in a high-energy environment;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Integrity and ability to promote a positive company image;
- Provide exceptional customer service while on the jobsite;
- Ability to crawl in tight places and climb ladders; work in attics, garages, crawl spaces and on roofs;
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks on a daily basis;
- High school diploma (experience may be substituted for education);
- Competent at installing refrigeration systems, air distribution systems and equipment controls (includes fundamentals of electrical wiring);
- Able to safely operate a motor vehicle to travel from site to site;
- Able to withstand temperature extremes and exposure to elements (rain, snow, etc);
- Possess current, valid driver’s license (not under suspension or limitation);
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the commercial HVAC trade (PREFERRED: current HVAC journeyman’s license);
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record;
- Knowledge and understanding of facets of techniques used for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning service and installation;
- 1+ year’ experience in HVAC Installation (Residential) for Helper.