HVAC Mechanic I performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines. Being a HVAC Mechanic I maintains and secures a spare parts inventory, recommends purchasing of maintenance equipment and supplies as required to improve processes and efficiencies. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Additionally, HVAC Mechanic I requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The HVAC Mechanic I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a HVAC Mechanic I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification.
HVAC Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HVAC Mechanic to join our team.
- Must be also have general maintenance knowledge on how to operate and repair complex mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems;
- Hanging and installing fans, dampers and louvers;
- Measuring and installing sheet metal and fiberglass duct board;
- Installing gas fired furnaces,Hydro air handlers and RTU’s;
- Installing warm air piping and flexible air ducts;
- Prior experience in Garage exhaust systems and Stairway Pressurization a plus;
- Ability to read and install per plan details;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Performs snow removal duties;
- Assists general metal working and pipe fitting task;
- Assists with installation of new conduit, wiring, switches, outlets, etc. associated with remodeling renovation or construction related projects;
- Proactively collaborate with customers and other trades shops to complete projects, preventative maintenance and repairs;
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls when scheduled on call duty;
- Initiate, plan, schedule and complete projects concerning repair, replacement, and improvement projects of HVAC and refrigeration systems;
- Facilitate needs of plumbing department to acquire permits and pass inspection as needed on water heater repairs or replacement.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification required;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required;
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead;
- Driving for long periods of time;
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs;
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot);
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet;
- Working from heights;
- Lifting up to 80 lbs;
- Must have a valid EPA Universal Certification for proper refrigerant handling and the ability to calculate refrigerant leak rates.