Maintenance fitters install, service and repair industrial machinery and equipment.
Maintenance Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our team.
- Takes ownership of work, is flexible, and focuses on creating a positive and welcoming impression;
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish (but not required);
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- Support other departments and fellow Engineers, as needed;
- Ensure the readiness of all test facility equipment;
- Work with scheduler to coordinate personnel availability for test performance;
- Maintains usage and cost records on utilities;
- Complete tasks related to routine maintenance of public spaces, guest rooms, back of house areas, pool and grounds;
- Support effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs as directed. • Anticipate and follow through on guests’ service needs;
- Concentrate on the maintenance and upkeep of the facility systems;
- Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs;
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Identify and submit proposals for facility upgrades that will improve facility reliability, reduce cost, or improve test efficiency.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift;
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry;
- The ability to communicate operational activities, priorities, and problems with management engineers and supervisors;
- The ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of the hotel’s equipment;
- Knowledge of how to test pool and spa chemicals;
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a maintenance-type position;
- The ability to use standard hand tools (wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements, etc.);
- The ability to determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment, or inquiry;
- Problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment;
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction;
- Perform all the essential functions of Shift Engineer when required;
- Unusual physical requirements: Work at heights; ability to climb stairs, 50%
- Demonstrated knowledge of hot water systems, boiler theory and function, and chiller system theory;
- Other: NA.