The Maintenance Helper I performs a variety of semiskilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, or plastering. Maintains, services, and conducts minor repairs on buildings and equipment. Being a Maintenance Helper I complies with established safety guidelines and procedures. Assists maintenance engineers and other workers with their tasks. In addition, Maintenance Helper I may require a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Maintenance Helper I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Maintenance Helper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Maintenance Helper to join our team.
- Exhibits a positive attitude at all times and upholds acac’s values of teamwork, customer service, and engagement;
- When supervisor or team members call or email, promptly returns contact;
- Ensures that time worked does not exceed 40 hours during the pay week (Sunday-Saturday); any overtime worked must be pre-approved by the supervisor;
- Parks in team member designated areas;
- Performs the Essential Functions and Responsibilities as described (other duties may be assigned);
- Checks acac email daily;
- Attends New Hire Launch within 30 days of employment;
- Helps with acac programs, special events, or activities outside department;
- Reads, signs, and abides by the policies included in the Team Member Handbook;
- Helps with Service Day.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment;
- College degree preferred;
- Safety and customer service oriented;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
- Able to work varied shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Willing and able to use and read a tape measurer;
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, stretch, and use repetitive arm and leg motions for duration of shift;
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed;
- Must be able to move and stay on feet for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments;
- Must be able to crawl, climb (stairs, ladders), kneel, and sit;
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications a plus;
- Must be detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision.