Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift to join our team.
- Replaces or repair belts, lacing, pin, motors, gearboxes, chains, air valves, rollers, line shafts, accumulators, photo eyes, etc;
- Performs preventive maintenance on all property, equipment and mechanical systems;
- Troubleshoots electrical and plumbing problems within DC;
- Provides proactive system response, not reactive responses;
- Maintains radio communication with leadership all times;
- Assists in repairing and maintaining conveyors and sorter;
- Additional duties and projects as required;
- Reads and understands electrical blueprints and schematics;
- Reports any job deficiencies, job status and completion, observations of broken equipment, vandalism, or any events requiring further follow-up;
- Performs general metal working and cutting tasks;
- Services and repairs pumps, motors, and valves;
- Repairs and installs piping, conduit and duct work;
- Fabricate or repair metal or wooden items as may be required to maintain patient area equipment;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Reviews prints, prepares sketches, drawings or layout information for new installations or modifications and submits for review.
- Ability to work nights and some weekend days;
- 2 years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment;
- Prior to initiating employment, all candidates considered will be required to participate in a mechanical qualification test;
- High School Diploma or GED.