Tractor Trailer Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tractor Trailer Mechanic to join our team.
- Lift and install heavy components of CMVs such as starters, clutches, brake drums;
- Ensure that all parts and labor are accurately charged to the proper repair order;
- Diagnose and repair or replace mechanical, electrical, PTO’s, blowers, and refrigerated systems according to established service criteria;
- Understand troubleshooting procedures and failure analysis of all components;
- Able to perform the physical requirements needed to work inside, underneath and around all components needing repair;
- Able to safely operate Class A equipment in and out of the shop;
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on equipment;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with OSHA standards.
- Trailer chassis experience;
- Able to learn and use TMT Transman software and laptop diagnostic software;
- Must own a wide selection of tools required to perform all repairs;
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- A pre-employment physical and drug screening is required;
- Able to work all scheduled days and shifts as needed;
- Air brake qualified.