Wound Care Physician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Wound Care Physician to join our team.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities to ensure the health and comfort of all patients;
- Supervise mid-level practitioners;
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines;
- Providing direct patient care services;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals and monitoring the effectiveness of all interventions;
- Takes part in facility orientation and training;
- Implement measures to assist patients in regaining and sustaining physiologic endurance to include serving in the first assisting role;
- Reaches out to area medical community to identify new facilities for company to service;
- Conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures;
- Ordering and scheduling necessary studies, and professional consultations;
- Evaluates wound care and hyperbaric care issues;
- Function autonomously to conduct patient histories and physicals for complex critical, chronically ill, and acute patients;
- Works closely with leadership;
- Reviews research protocols for IRB-standards compliance;
- Reviews hyperbaric and wound care patient records.
- Knowledgeable of care of common chronic health conditions as well as health promotion and prevention guidelines;
- Board certified;
- Current, unrestricted state Physician license;
- Detail oriented, dependable, reliable;
- Wound Care experience — 1 year preferred.