Associate Counsel Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Counsel to join our team.
- Conducts the review and assessment of various contracts and agreements that affect offered coverages;
- Maintains currency and demonstrates competency in professional fields;
- Serving as a trusted partner to counter-parties and internal stakeholders;
- Drafts endorsements and policy language;
- Drafting and reviewing issuer offering materials for compliance with various SEC/FINRA rules, including internal diligence standards;
- Assists in providing advice and guidance to underwriters on a diverse range of legal issues;
- Analyzes proposed and existing regulatory and legislative changes and determines / communicates impact of changes to the company;
- Participates in underwriting process;
- Contractual matters;
- Effectively communicating legal concepts;
- Draft agreements, disclosure documents and other forms for use with retail clients and financial advisors;
- Overseeing the execution of engagement agreements with prospective issuers;
- Development of compliance policies related to new and changing regulations affecting the company’s service offerings;
- Assisting with the management of portfolio company reporting and related data;
- Advises management on legal matters in order to guard the organization against legal liability.
- Requires a background check upon offer;
- Requires a drug check upon offer.