Insurance claims handlers help people who are making claims on their insurance policies.
Claims Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Claims Administrator to join our team.
- 70% of time during the week will be dedicated to answering phone calls from claimants and providing correct and concise guidance;
- Recognize and report discrepancies to Supervisors and Management;
- Perform analytical review of documentation received;
- Data entry in company database;
- Review and verify data entered in system;
- Following detailed written instructions to make independent decisions on next steps;
- Monitor claim status and generate reports through database ;
- Verify and update information needed on claims;
- Assist in customer claim submissions to ensure completeness and accuracy;
- Conduct weekly calls with customers to update and/or answer any questions they may have ;
- Communicate with customers via phone and email to help gather missing details and support documentation.
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities;
- Positive verbal and written communication skills;
- High school diploma or equivalent.