Claims Counsel Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Claims Counsel to join our team.
- Oversee the legal and I/A bill review process;
- Review Waivers, Releases and Non-Disclosures and provide counsel as appropriate;
- Attend and facilitate Claims Committee as requested. Review policy construction and offer coverage advice where appropriate;
- Resolve claims according to Best Practices and within authority limits and potentially adjust claims for certain accounts or types of litigation;
- Provide direction in improving litigation management. Review legal decisions and develop a database on relevant topics and case law;
- Assist with analytics and metric development and interpretation;
- Manage panel counsel including retaining new counsel and updating counsel guidelines periodically;
- Coordinate responses to subpoenas requesting documents or information.
- Juris Doctor degree;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic developing environment;
- Coverage knowledge and expertise within the insurance industry;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive claims experience with a minimum of five (5) years of legal practice;
- Innovation, creativity and problem solving ability is essential;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.