Commercial Attorney Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Commercial Attorney to join our team.
- Perform other assignments as requested by the General Counsel;
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders on the identification and resolution of commercial disputes;
- Keep current on changing legal and regulatory requirements and communicate potential impact on relevant business groups;
- Participate in the drafting and review of Company policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Support the development and continued enhancement of standard contracts to address changing legal and business requirements;
- Assist with merger and acquisition transactions, including letters of intent, due diligence and post integration activities.
- Strong analytical ability and solid business acumen;
- Ability to partner effectively with business clients in a collaborative manner with minimal supervision;
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and a member in good standing of the Illinois Bar;
- Ability to travel up to 20% within U.S. and internationally;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- 5-7 years of in-house contract experience in a manufacturing environment; prior experience with Canadian contracts is a plus;
- Ability to proactively identify legal issues and develop practical solutions to eliminate or mitigate risk;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced work environment.