Paralegals carry out research, prepare legal documents and give legal advice to clients.
Legal Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Prepare and send correspondence on behalf of the Legal Department; act as a first level contact with mail courier services;
- Working one on one with Attorneys;
- Confirming medical providers clients treated with prior to disbursing funds to ensure we’re paying all providers what their final bills are;
- Working on bond sales pursuant to task list in the Reference Library;
- Processing documents pursuant to Reference Library;
- Maintain and archive documents;
- Maintain attorney calendars for multiple attorneys and monitor critical dates;
- Data entry;
- sort court documents;
- Read, sort and prioritize incoming mail, ensure that outgoing mail is handled promptly;
- A team player who will take ownership and become familiar with clients, cases, and files;
- Create binders for organizational documents, minutes, resolutions and other corporate records for Lincoln’s corporate entities;
- Expense processing through Concur;
- Circulate investor documents among attorneys in various domestic and international offices;
- Complete routine information in forms and update document templates.
- Ability to manage a busy desk;
- Minimum of 1 year as a Litigation Legal Secretary;
- Customer service experience;
- College Graduate (advanced degree or experience in law firm or professional office environment a plus);
- Must be efficient and detail-oriented;
- Proofread documents for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors;
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred;
- Working knowledge of legal documents, such as contracts, leases, deeds, mortgages, closing disclosures and general residential documents;
- Strong team player, proactive, takes initiative to assist the attorneys and completes projects on time;
- Barkley is a Mac environment; experience with Word is required; additional windows based software experience is preferred;
- One (1) year of office/administrative experience. Additional training will be provided to perform listed responsibilities;
- Ability to understand documents and perform standardized edits;
- Corporate or employment law experience preferred;
- Ability to keep information confidential;
- 3+ years’ experience as a legal assistant or working in a law firm (MUST) personal injury law firm (PLUS).