Paralegals and Legal Assistants Paralegals and legal assistants perform a variety of tasks to support lawyers.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Assist staff with phones;
- Monitor and maintain client treatment;
- Be able to meet internal and external deadlines;
- File court documents electronically;
- Prepare responses to complaints and discovery requests;
- Document management support;
- Typing and legal writing;
- Conduct research as needed;
- Analyze data and create reports based on such information;
- Print, scan and upload information to databases;
- Perform substantive document review;
- Drafting, formatting, and reviewing documents, correspondence, pleadings, and motions;
- No certification needed;
- Identify and retrieve confidential information.
- Paralegal certificate preferred;
- Maintains confidentiality, provides positive communications, and works to eliminate tension or conflict;
- Independent worker who is able to meet deadlines;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency in Spanish is required;
- Organized and detail oriented;
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and strong work ethic;
- Ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent Computer Skills;
- Keen ability to research and problem solve;
- Prior law firm experience in Family Law or Immigration Law;
- Must have a positive attitude and demonstrate, encourage, and participate in teamwork;
- Competencies in foreclosure, litigation, bankruptcy and real estate deeds;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
- Understanding of Word Suite and Excel;
- Excellent proofreading, computer and organizational skills required.