Sr. Corporate Counsel Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Corporate Counsel to join our team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations with key customers, vendors, and partners and collaborate with various cross-functional teams;
- Provide regulatory advice related to company’s business activities and corporate initiatives; and;
- Provide legal advice to senior management on strategic and transactional matters and critical corporate initiatives;
- Litigation management;
- Provide legal counsel on employment law, intellectual property, data privacy, and export control matters;
- Respond to and manage customer, supplier, and other third-party disputes and pre-litigation matters.
- Experience with intellectual property matters, including licensing, trademark, patents, and copyright a plus;
- Ability to communicate complex information and legal concepts to a broad range of clients, from staff employees to executive management;
- Minimum 7-10 years of combined training in law firm and in house experience strongly preferred;
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines;
- JD degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school; excellent academic credentials;
- Admitted in good standing to practice law in at least one state in the U.S;
- Ability to train non-legal company staff on corporate legal/contract policies; and;
- Demonstrated competency in drafting legal documents, contract terms, and legal memoranda.