Analytical Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Analytical Scientist to join our team.
- Other duties as needed;
- Set corporate and departmental goals and priorities related to R&D;
- Ensure project goals and budget targets are achieved in a timely manner;
- Oversee and perform activities related to analytical R&D;
- Work cross-functionally to develop proposals for clients and various strategies;
- Support quality assurance to ensure all standard operating procedures are of high quality and are readily available for testing;
- Formulate research and product development proposals and budgets;
- Monitor adherence to protocols and study timelines.
- A broad understanding of protein chemistry and molecular biology concepts within the cancer biology field is essential;
- Experienced in small and large molecule analytical chemistry;
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry (or similar discipline) with 3-5 years of relevant post doc experience;
- Biotech or Pharma industry experience preferred; CRO experience is highly desired;
- Relevant skills include protein purification, protein characterization, and proteomics;
- Knowledge of properties and applications of ingredients and materials involved in testing and the skill to safely handle them;
- Proficient skill level in MS Office Applications such as Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of safety practices applicable to food research laboratory environments and ability to follow designated safety procedures;
- Knowledge of algebraic and calculus mathematical concepts, theory, and application;
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to jobs as they are planned performed and completed. Skill to use electronic means for recording data.