Chemists study chemicals and materials and how they behave under different conditions.
Chemist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chemist to join our team.
- Working with HPLC, lab scale equipment and instrumentation;
- Documentation of experimental activities and results in a GMP compliant fashion using an electronic data acquisition and management systems;
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by reporting manager;
- Recording results from the tests ran throughout the day and then inputting them into their LIMS system once the results come back;
- Running analytical tests in the lab;
- Documentation in lab notebooks, batch records, and basic databases;
- May perform synthesis of polymers using established procedures;
- Assure the accident and incident free conduct of all aspects of ongoing operations;
- Interface with product management and develop the new product through stage gate process;
- This position is responsible for processing submitted customer samples to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction;
- Design and perform tests to assess compatibility of chemical products with various equipment;
- Foster an innovative and collaborative work environment. Conduct safety review for lab operations and experiments;
- Synthesize and purify novel deposition precursor molecules from gram to kilogram scale;
- Help create and maintain formula and raw material documents;
- This position is in the lab and requires being able to work on feet for 8 hours and lift 25 pounds periodically through the day.
- Ability to obtain high-level clearance and DHS suitability clearance;
- Must have high efficiency;
- 2+ years of chemistry experience in analytical, organic and/or inorganic laboratory (GLP) techniques;
- Calibrate and operate instrumentation including titration equipment, spectrophotometer and density meter;
- QC analytical methods for both (Gas Chromatography) and LC (Liquid Chromatography);
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from experiments and instruments;
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or B.S. in scientific field that includes laboratory experience;
- Successful candidate will have excellent problem solving skills, be well organized and possess strong computer skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple types of tasks and responsibilities;
- Good practical skills;
- Knowledge and experience in CBRN material as well as an understanding of the hazards associated with their manufacture, transport and use;
- Degree in chemistry, biology, other science field;
- Ability to analyze and interpret test results;
- Maintain laboratory equipment.