Environmental Compliance Specialist conducts required environmental tests, analysis and observations. Evaluates results and makes recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Being an Environmental Compliance Specialist requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Additionally, Environmental Compliance Specialist relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Environmental Compliance Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our team.
- Manage, provide oversight to environmental projects and ensure spending is justified, controlled and within budget;
- Obtain Class A/B Operator Training certifications for ALL operating states and ensure all store locations are compliant;
- Maintain accurate up-to-date compliance and environmental databases with site notification and interaction when applicable;
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all federal, state and local environmental officials;
- Other related duties as assigned;
- Provide training and support to Regional teams for chain-wide hazardous materials and hazardous waste programs;
- Ensure changes in processes and programs are reflected in all documented forms;
- Partners with DC Management, Store Operations Process Improvement and field teams to implement programs associated with federal and state regulations;
- Provide high level of customer service;
- Ability to travel overnight frequently;
- Responsible for awareness of CA regulatory requirements related to hazardous waste management and other relevant environmental issues;
- Facilitates written responses and appeals to regulatory Notices of Violations;
- Serves as a liaison between hazardous waste vendors that support hazardous waste management for stores;
- Track and monitor regulatory trends and communicate findings to SSC;
- Conduct and document store environmental inspections and audits.
- Ability to envision, conceive, plan, implement and follow through with projects or tasks;
- Ability to interact with Executive and Management staff at all levels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced enviornment;
- Ability to multitask;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Task and/or project management.