Environmental health and safety specialists study how environmental factors affect human health. They investigate potential environmental health risks. For example, they may investigate and address issues arising from soil and water contamination caused by nuclear weapons manufacturing. They also educate the public about health risks that may be present in the environment.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our team.
- Create a safety-minded culture by providing training, data analysis, and oversight.
- Able to use computer and software as required;
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction;
- Ohsas 18001;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Accident Investigation;
- Forklift Train the Trainer;
- Safety, Health and the Law;
- Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans;
- Issue daily passes to vendors who need access to the site;
- Perform periodic audits of vendors to determine adherence to all required EHS procedures and requirements;
- Relevant professional certification(s) preferred including CSP and/or CIH;
- Degree in occupational safety & health, industrial hygiene or an equivalent discipline, or extensive working experience in the relevant field;
- Generate required permits for any high risk work being performed;
- Meets the training/background check/experience requirements for an RSO in accordance with Massachusetts regulations.