Food scientists and food technologists develop food and drink products, making sure they are safe to consume.
Food Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Food Technologist to join our team.
- Conduct production test runs;
- Generate new product ideas and recipes, modify and improve existing recipes, develop prototypes;
- Ensure that strict hygiene and food safety standards are met;
- Develop processes for the production of recipes at large scale;
- Support entire R&D team in attaining short-term and long-term development goals. Adapt to evolving scientific priorities;
- Collect and analyze data;
- Provide written and verbal reports of research activities. Participate in R&D Meetings;
- Generating ingredient statements and nutritional information;
- Develop in-process and finished product specification.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of industry experience with high school diploma;
- Strong communicator;
- Strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality and flavor, formulation, nutrition and food labeling regulations;
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.