Health and Safety Manager monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. Being a Health and Safety Manager manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Additionally, Health and Safety Manager acts as advisor to health and safety administration team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a Manager or Head of a Unit/Department. The Health and Safety Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Health and Safety Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Health and Safety Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join our team.
- Maintain full set of enviro permits, including Title V, contingency plans, etc;
- The usual: JHAs, JSA, risk analysis, etc;
- Develop system of metrics and risk-based analysis for plant and corporate;
- Fully responsible for integrating training;
- Now: you tell me what you can do! I won’t lay any more of it out;
- Manage environmental and safety personnel;
- Manage an advanced PSM program;
- Improve upon an already very good integrated safety program.
- Approximate Budget Responsibility;
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience preferred;
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience required;
- Oversees staff in ensuring operating units are in compliance with all appropriate local, state and federal regulations;
- Proficient technical writing & communication;
- Developing budgets;
- Strong project management and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to perform continuous walking, standing, and lifting;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Manage Spending;
- Create Revenue Enhancements;
- Provides consultative services to internal staff and external clients. Reviews site inspections and company audits.