Lab Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lab Coordinator to join our team.
- Basic administrative assistance related to Cognitive Evolution Group research;
- Updating relevant research ethics protocols;
- This role may be asked to assist in recruitment drives at colleges and select trade shows;
- Supervising/Training new lab members, including undergraduate Assistants in Research, on research and coding protocols in the lab;
- Convert/transcode playtest video footage for archival storage;
- Monitor playtest sessions to ensure output is within expected parameters;
- Keep labs clean and organized;
- This role may be asked to help fill in for a study, being asked to participate and provide feedback on the research project in these situations;
- Administratively managing animal and human subjects research ethics protocols (IACUC and IRB) by adding new researchers/students to approved protocols;
- Assisting in nonhuman-primate research and data collection;
- Confirm study schedules and needs with Research staff;
- Following up with new researchers on required vaccinations;
- Record and update hardware assets and lab information in tracking software;
- Perform setup, maintenance, and repair of research computing labs in accordance with research study requirements;
- Using video coding technology according to established lab protocols to score nonhuman-primate behavioral research.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong technical skills (e.g., data analysis and/or programming);
- 1+ years of experience;
- Associate Degree or High School diploma;
- Degree in psychology, neuroscience, computer science, or a related field.