Physician – Maternal/Fetal Medicine specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of high risk or complicated pregnancies. Examines patients to ensure proper care and provides consultation for complications associated with the pregnancy. Being a Physician – Maternal/Fetal Medicine may assist in maternal transport or prenatal diagnosis through the use of ultrasounds and/or genetic counseling. Delivers babies, determining the method most appropriate to ensure health and safety of both infant and mother. Additionally, Physician – Maternal/Fetal Medicine provides pre- and postnatal care as needed. Requires a MD degree from an accredited school. Requires a valid state license to practice. May report to a medical director. Physician – Maternal/Fetal Medicine’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician to join our team.
- Inpatient Care of antepartum patients and consultations;
- Overseeing scheduling and management of patients of the Perinatal Unit;
- Outpatient high risk clinics;
- Antenatal testing and outpatient consultations;
- Divide 24-hour phone call coverage with another MFM provider. No in-house call unless desired for additional sessional salary;
- Potential to assume title of Director of Labor and Delivery with responsibility for safety huddles;
- Research, education and supervision of residents;
- Interpretation of obstetrical ultrasounds;
- Participate in community education and scientific programs assigned;
- Perform prenatal diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to: amniocentesis, chronic villus sampling, placental biopsies and funicentesis;
- Shall use and endorse the use of all of AMG’s and the Hospital’s automated systems, as appropriate, including the Epic electronic medical record;
- Maintain a clinical presence at other AHS Hospitals, on-site patient care and consultative services.
- Board Certified in General Obstetrics and Gynecology;
- Position open to graduates with US Residency and Fellowship training;
- Board Certified or Eligible in Maternal Fetal Medicine;
- Interest in teaching and working with residents and medical students;
- Board Certified or Board Qualified in Maternal-Fetal Medicine;
- We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes;
- MD or DO licensed by the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners;
- Possess or be eligible for a New York State Medical License;
- Must have experience in research;
- Advanced analytical skills regarding evaluation and treatment required;
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs;
- Board Certified / Eligible in Maternal Fetal Medicine by the American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG).