Microbiology Lab Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Microbiology Lab Technician to join our team.
- Data entry and peer review of test results;
- Procedure maintenance;
- Operation and maintenance of steam sterilizers, glassware washers, ultrasonic consoles, microtiter plate readers and microbial identification systems.
- Good organizational skills;
- Knowledge of orthopedic materials is beneficial;
- Experience using personal computers and working knowledge of Windows;
- The position is in the factory and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day;
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology or Chemistry preferred;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing laboratory setting;
- Must be able to reach, lift, bend and stoop without restrictions;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds;
- Minimum 24 hrs college level microbiology lab time;
- Ability to work overtime and any shift as required;
- Moderate lifting or bending restrictions;
- Good motor skills;
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 months OR Associates degree and 18 months OR High School and 4 years previous experience in laboratory procedures;
- Understanding and practice of aseptic technique.