Molecular Biologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Molecular Biologist to join our team.
- Candidate will be expected lead daily work flow coordination and lab activity execution;
- Will be expected to assist in the design of experiments, set up of experiments, and carry out experiments within a team environment;
- Perform sample (genomic DNA & RNA) preparation procedures;
- Perform sample and assay level quality control;
- Perform various testing procedures on customer laboratory samples;
- Prepare and maintain documentation to support the Quality Management System;
- Perform procedures in whole genome and whole exome sequencing workflow.
- Experience in leading work flow coordination, experience in experimental design;
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office suite, simple data analysis and reporting tools;
- 1 year experience in GH plant care and lab operation;
- Leadership experience and personal maturity is desired;
- Laboratory leadership skills;
- Experience in Immuno- Assay diagnostics and Genomic Solutions;
- Agriculture and Biotechnology industry;
- ISO 17025 experience;
- Author and Co-Author of scientific technical reports;
- Routine experience with most common molecular procedures such as nucleic acid isolation, PCR, RT-PCR…
- Strong communication skills;
- 2+ years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting; preferably with experience in a high complexity molecular testing environment (preferred);
- Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in molecular biology or a related laboratory-based discipline;
- Experience in CLIA/CAP certification processes and laboratory operations (preferred).