QC Lab Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a QC Lab Technician to join our team.
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies;
- Interact and communicate results and activities to Lab Management, Production, Operations, and Customer Service;
- Candidates with mechanical aptitude are preferred;
- Maintain all laboratory databases with new results for record keeping and report generation;
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment per the current maintenance schedule;
- Properly document results and assist in the development and improvement of laboratory SOPs;
- Assist with raw material stocks, inventory control, and general housekeeping;
- Physical testing, bulk density testing, pH, KF, Particle Size (some wet chemistry, UV and IR);
- Knowledge of trouble shooting practices of QC analytical instruments;
- Perform all functions in a timely and safe manner, reporting work status updates and issues to the supervisor, as applicable;
- Computer literate with Excel competency;
- Ability to approve raw materials and compounds based on internal and vendor specs;
- Perform analysis and make determinations by managing multiple products and using a large number of complex and diverse equipment;
- Create reports in writing and on internal ERP system of work results;
- Ensure that all work and processes comply with quality standards and procedures.
- Approx. 2 years lab experience;
- Min HS Diploma, TTP, AA or BA in related science preferred;
- Good experience in handling and evaluating raw materials and finished products;
- pH, Particular size, wet chemistry experience;
- Familiarity with wet chemistry, GC, HPLC and ICP;
- AS/BS Chemistry or related;
- 3-5+ years experience in lab setting.