The Sanitation Technician performs cleaning in accordance with established guidelines and specifications, and ensures equipment is operational for production runs. Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles processing equipment. Being a Sanitation Technician may require a high school diploma. Prepares and handles sanitation chemicals and equipment. In addition, Sanitation Technician typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Sanitation Technician works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Working as a Sanitation Technician typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Sanitation Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sanitation Technician to join our team.
- Schedule listed in MSS;
- Informs Sanitation Manager of all repairs of maintenance issues and structural problems throughout the facility;
- Completes a daily/nightly cleaning checklist to ensure all areas and equipment are ready to meet pre operations goals established by MSS/SOP;
- Reports all GMP/SOP/SQF following requirements through continuous daily inspections;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Sanitation Technician will receive QA Training to have a better understanding of the Food Industry requirements;
- Sanitation Technician will be trained in all areas of Sanitation Department including the Janitorial areas;
- Completing training of chemicals for janitorial and sanitation tasks;
- Follow sanitation programs such as SOP’s;
- Janitorial tasks such as cleaning all restrooms, breakroom, main hallways, warehouses, compactor areas including outside facility;
- Complete training on Master Sanitation Schedule;
- Support production and quality team through sanitation efforts and initiatives.
- Previous sanitation experience within a warehouse environment, highly preferred;
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.