Senior Food Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Food Scientist to join our team.
- Independently directs the activities of outside vendors including ingredients and services;
- Fosters an innovation culture by leading and participating in ideation efforts and continually introducing new ideas and product concepts;
- Conducts and leads assessment and capability studies, product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to Operations when needed;
- Leads formulation efforts for baked, confectionery and savory products from bench-top through commercialization;
- Works closely with plant staff (Scheduling, Operations, Packaging, Quality, etc.) to scale up and commercialize products;
- Creatively leverages external suppliers for necessary new raw materials, flavors, and resources.
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Ability to think beyond the Product Development and Innovation function to consider the organization holistically;
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Food Science, Bakery Science, Food Process Engineering (Masters preferred);
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to details, good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to changes in priorities.