Transport planners manage road, rail and air transport networks at local, regional and national level.
Transportation Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transportation Planner to join our team.
- Manage Shipment Demand through daily review of order intake against Plant and carrier capacities using established “Ship Cap” processes;
- Negotiate rates and truck service with motor carriers doing business with GAFMC, for assigned Plants within approved traffic lane pricing guidelines;
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal transportation planning issues;
- Supports planning studies and reports for new and updated plans, programs and regulations;
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer issues;
- Maintain and update transportation-related databases; and;
- Actively participate in a positive manner to implement, support, monitor, and achieve Logistics metrics and goals;
- Provide technical support as staff for the Northern Middlesex Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO);
- Assists in evaluating re-zonings, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals;
- Develop transportation–related technical studies and reports;
- Consolidate client orders into optimal load profiles;
- Coordinates community review of public and private development projects;
- Under direct supervision, conducts field evaluations and assessments;
- Participate in transportation-related technical committees, advisory committees, working groups and task forces, as appropriate;
- Provides information to the public regarding development regulations.
- Strong technical, written, and oral communication skills;
- Professionalism and diplomacy;
- Public presentation skills;
- Time-management and organizational skills.